What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer when you visit a website. The cookie is used to distinguish between different users and present the correct information to the right user.
We use both permanent and temporary cookies on spv.se.
- We use permanent cookies to remember which pension service agreement you have chosen as your favorite. We also use them to remember if you want to show or hide word explanations. The cookie is stored on your computer and you have to remove it manually.
- We use temporary cookies to keep track of and recognize your browser. This allows you to use various services on our website, such as My pages. Temporary cookies are not stored on your computer, they disappear when you close your browser.
Can cookies contain viruses?
No, cookies are regular text files and cannot contain viruses. The files are small and most browsers only allow a certain amount of cookies to be stored in memory. There is therefore no risk that your hard drive will become full just because you allow cookies.
Can you say no to cookies?
If you do not want to allow storage of cookies on your computer, you can turn it off in your web browser's settings. Then no cookies will be stored but you will not be able to use certain parts of our e-services.
In some browsers, you can block permanent cookies and still allow temporary cookies. You can also make a setting that warns every time a cookie appears and you get to decide on a case-by-case basis whether you want to allow it or not. Exactly how you do it depends on which browser you have.
More information on the Swedish Post and Telecom Agency's website
If you do not want to turn off the storage of cookies, but still do not want your visits to SPV's website to be shown in our web statistics, you can use the browser's settings for Do Not Track request. Exactly how you do it depends on which browser you have.
Find and remove cookies
All browsers are different. Look in your browser's help function for information on how to change the cookie settings. You can delete all cookies from your hard drive yourself. You do this in your browser's settings.
Web Analytics Tools
SPV's website uses Matomo to get a picture of how you as a visitor use the website if you choose to accept all cookies. Cookies for statistics help us understand how the visitor interacts with the website by anonymously collecting and reporting information.
The data collected in Matomo is anonymized so that we can never identify an individual person. We also never share this data with third parties. All services used for data collection are operated in environments that are within Sweden's borders and dedicated to SPV.
Matomo stores information about
- when you visited the website for the first time
- when you last visited the website
- when your current visit started how many times you have visited the website
- which browser you are using
- how you found the website (traffic sources).
Was this information helpful?
Did you find about what you wanted to know or was there something lacking? Was the text difficult to understand? Tell us what you think about the contents of this page via the form below.